Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm on dial-up at Siler City today, so I can't upload much!

I found these wonderful cubes at the grocery store the other day - I love them! They're like bouillon cubes but I don't think they are quite so salty. And they appear to be vegan.


I particularly love the cilantro cubes. I often want something Mexican - but don't want to run to the store to buy fresh cilantro. (and when I have it - it seems to go bad in just a day or so.) A couple of these cubes, fresh tomatoes and some sweet onions and you have a "mighty fine" salsa!

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

MMMM - I love cilantro - and you're right it does 'make' the salsa. Maybe Mom can bring me some - I'm sure they don't have them up here.

Love,

T

Karen said...

lucky you, i just happen to be going up to spend the weekend before mom & frank depart for the wild midwest! i'll be sure to take her some of these. they're cheap (.99 per box!)

we're taking a friend of Richie Rich's - on a whirlwind weekend- the 15th - with us to tour Appalachian and then on to the McCraw reunion....Richie and Dahlia will most likely stay at Mom's during the reunion....

should be interesting! love, k

affectioknit2 said...

Dahlia - what a pretty name...

Elizabeth said...

I have got some cream cheese, sour cream and agar-agar for T. Am going back to food co-op here for rice and such next Friday. Maybe we can stock her up. E