Saturday, August 16, 2008

More "visit" photos...

We took a stroll down to the "river" - the Mills River, that is - it's really low compared to my memories of hot summer days! The drought is really affecting the water level.

The "man-cub" is using some of our SCUBA gear to keep warm in the cool mountain water.


Keith joined us for our walk. The water was very nice - actually warmer than I recall.

Still clear as a bell! Wish I had thought to bring my underwater housing for my camera!

Here's the old tree that we used to jump from, I think. We walked out on the branch that runs parallel to the water. If this is not the tree from 30 yrs ago, it looks just like "our tree".

Sis taking the plunge from a rope swing a few yards down from the tree above.

Do we look alike?


Rafe playing the guitar - very nice.

Sis-in law Denise and I have the same swimsuit...cute!


It was a be-lated birthday party...for sis and the man-cub.

The visit was over before I knew it! Downtown Hendersonville - it's more "quaint" than I remember when I lived there!



Drove home in the dreary rain - pretty fog on the mountains.

When I got home, Dick invited us to pick any corn from his garden that we wanted - they were through with it for the year! Yum!




Took a few hours, but now I have many bags frozen of fresh sweet corn!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Thanks for the pics - the corn is amazing - we didn't try again - I think our season is just too short for sweet corn.

Love,

T