Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cardinal Air Christmas Party!!

Oh, yes, it's that time of year again!!

I've spent most of the past week busy, busy getting ready for my annual company party.

First, I had to make little goody-bags! I made some of my favorite cookies. I needed to make 20 bags - wow, that's a LOT of cookies!!

First was the Girl Scout peanut butter cookies - Do Si Does, they call them. I call them yummy! Here's the recipe - Homemade DoSiDoes

I wrapped a few cookies in each cute, Christmas themed cellophane bag.


Next were the Rum Balls.....about as easy as they come!


Because I didn't want the powdered sugar rolling around in the bag, I first put the balls into a clear plastic cup....and then put the cup inside the cello bag.


Isn't that pretty? Looks like a bunch of Poinsettias....


Next up were my "Garbage Cookies" , of course. Oatmeal, choc. chips, coconut, raisins, nuts, wheat germ and the kitchen sink....


And last was the Ginger Cookies that I've grown very fond of.


I put it all together in a nice little Christmas gift bag (fittingly, with a Cardinal on the bag!) They also each got a "boat bag" with the Cardinal Air company logo on it.


Lots of goody-bags to go under the Christmas tree at Bobbi's house.


We continued the tradition of having the party at Bobbi and Joe's house because it is more centrally located. She always does a wonderful job of decorating (and telling Joe what to do, of course!)



Here's a snapshot before the crowd arrived - mostly ALL GONE in just a few hours. Fun prep over the past week. The usual fare - appetizers, dips, cheese, etc. All as home-made as I could manage.


Just a few random photos I took around the house.


Everyone seemed like they were having a good time.


Jerry and Becky - Jerry runs the Avionics shop.


A motley crew of airport rats....gotta love'em!!



Our sweet little band from NC State appeared again this year.


Tom and Janet run the maintenance shop at Siler City.


Rene and Janet from Pittsboro - Rene has a Cessna 310 at Siler City.


Bill and Kay - Bill's last day at Siler City will be next week. We won't hold that against him - they'll have to come back to town (from the beach house) and come to next year's party!


Wayne and Trish - Wayne built his own plane and keeps it at Siler City


Ha! Here's the only photo snapped of us from my camera -




And now - for the finale - a little clip of Robert and the band....I think they were sight reading this music (aahhheemmm no rehersal....) but everyone enjoyed.


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

What an AWESOME party!!! I loved the music too - I'll share with Scout when he gets home...

I'll definitely be making the Rum Balls (I have some vegan vanilla wafers - no rum though - I'll have to remedy that) I loved that you uploaded the Word docs - that was neat...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey - i actually checked the box of food lion brand wafers - they appear to be vegan (says "may be processed in factory that also processes milk, soy and nuts.)

yeah, i thought it was better to have a link vs. bore everyone with too many recipes right in the entry. you know, you can create a directory there also and use it if you like. i've got plenty of space on the website.

love, k