Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reading list for the next few months


Friday was the local library book sale.....I'm pretty happy with my purchases - all for one crisp $20 bill....

Several light reading paperbacks....but the ones I'm looking forward to are:

The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
For one more day by Mitch albom
Sanctuary by William Fualkner
The Sea Wolf by Jack London
In the Company of Eagles by Ernest Gann
Waiting to Exhale by terry McMillan
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
The No. 1 Ladies Detctive Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
A lesson before Dying bye Ernest Gaines
Bastard out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison
A map of the world by Jane Hamilton
Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain
Treasure Island by Robert L. Stevenson
and
The Adventures of Sherlock Holms by Arthur Conan Doyle


Oh, and one more -

called "Before and After" subtitled -

A novel about Exploding Sheep, Nostradamus and the End of the World.


How's that for judging a book by it's cover? I'll let you know.....

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sounds great - and I'm hoping I inherit some of those as hand-me-downs...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

That is an impressive pile of books for $20. I have read a few, heard of a few, and maybe get in the loop for hand-me-downs. MOM

Miranda said...

My mom's been reading the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and she really liked it! A lot of the books are at the Pittsboro Library and she had me bring them home for her!

Karen said...

hey mom & t - yeah - take your pick - they'll just go back to the library for the next book sale if you don't want them

hey miranda - i'm going to have to go to the new library - i've driven thru the silly circle, but haven't gone into the library yet - people have said it's fabulous!

love, k

Miranda said...

My mom said it's really nice too, especially since it's connected to CCCC now. I haven't been yet either but I hope to correct that soon!

Unknown said...

To have reading is the best part for the life where we can keep ourself busy and also kill time in the freeness.Book make the people more wealthier that cannot be taken by any one.

Dallas apartments