Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A little garden this year

You know I'm not a good gardener....

I'm just not that "into" taking care of the weeds. I love the planting and the harvesting.....but that in-between stuff called weeding is not my idea of a good time.

So this year, we decided to try to minimize the weeds. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

First, tilling up the soil. Love that fresh earth smell.


We're going to try using a soaker hose. Since we're keeping the garden pretty small, that seems like a workable solution. Just one hose laid out in a U shape - you can barely see the black hose in the photo.


All done! Rolled out a bunch of porous landscape material to (hopefully) prevent weeds! Just some tomatoes, green/red peppers, and squash and cucumbers that I had been tending in potting soil up on the deck for the past few weeks. The soaker hose is all attached to an electronic timer. Hmmmmm, I think I'll come back in 6 weeks and start the harvest!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That sounds like an awesome plan...

Love,

T