Monday, March 18, 2013

Roasted veg

OK, you know things are really slow when I submit a food photo as the only interesting thing going on!

The weather yesterday evening just made me want some "comfort food".  So I took out all the veggies that I had on hand and roasted them with a sprinkle of sesame oil and generous amounts of garlic powder and a sweet-smokey spice rub from my brother.  I particularly love the last of the turnips I got from Granny and Cordy last weekend! 

I had the leftovers for lunch at the lonely, foggy airport today!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love roasted veg...pretty plate too...where'd you get it?

Love,

T

Karen said...

ha! i should have known you have an eye for things like that!! i found it at my infamous "swap shop" - it says Kent - Swinnerton - England on the bottom. such a pretty throw-away, don't ya think? love, k