Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snow!!!

Not sure what I was thinking this morning....yes, I heard all the forecasts. Was even watching the radar. Went to Asheboro Airport to do some paperwork. All of a sudden, it was snowing and immediately the parking lot was covered. This is not the usual "southern snow"....usually, it starts snowing and you have an hour or two of melting snow before you have to worry. But, the ground apparently was already cold and I decided I'd better skedaddle! Apparently, all 100,000 Asheboro residents were on the road too....




An hour later, at about 30 mph, I was free of most traffic near home.  Roads really slick - the "brine" they put down appeared to do nothing at all.   This is the 4-lane US 64.



Took 2 hours to drive the 40+ miles.  Home safe!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Glad you made it safely...stay home and enjoy...it's supposed to start snowing here at about 5 PM and we're supposed to get 6 inches...we'll see...

Love,

T