Monday, May 19, 2014

Birthday!!

I always love to get a wrapped up package from my sweet sis!

Two fun-wrapped pressies!  (And our card that we've been passing back and forth for years now!)



Opened the small one first -  these are her "mystery project" socks....she's been cagey about talking about them on her blog....I suspected it might be something for me based on the timing!

Love the sailboat theme - and they're soooooo soft and fit perfectly!  (Of course she has a pretty good model using her own feet!!!)



The bigger package was a great surprise!!  It's a cake plate that she found that matches the "china" that I got when Nanny Gladys died.   It's "Halls Superior Autumn Leaf" from the 1940's.  It was sold by a traveling salesman that was probably referred to as the Jewel Man.






I pulled out my other pieces....fun to remember meals eaten at Nanny Gladys' on these plates over 40 years ago!!!  Thanks, sis for a wonderful gift!


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!...I hope you like the socks...I loved seeing all the china too!

Love,

T