Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Sad news

I don't often put sad news on the blog.....since there's not much to be sad about in my world......

But today, I feel compelled to do so.  Yesterday was the first fatal crash we've had at the Siler City Airport in the 19 years I've been there. 

A nice lady and her husband crashed their Bonanza just short of the runway.  She perished and he is at UNC hospital recovering now from serious injuries.  Rain/fog was approaching the airport at the same time as they were trying to land.  On their second attempt to land, they overshot their approach and hit some trees near the runway.  Fred was in the left seat, but like Duane & I....they were a flying team.

She was a CFI and a member of the EAA and the 99's (Women's pilot association).

Goodbye Barbara and we wish peace for her husband Fred.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is so sad. Members of our club may have known her. I had not heard the news. MOM

affectioknit said...

Oh NO! that is terrible news...so sad...