Friday, August 14, 2015

Summer yard

Not much blooming around here right now.....I haven't exactly been taking care of my flower beds this year.....

But there are still some pretty plants in the yard!

The lovely Pampas grass that we cut to a nub last winter.




The angel wings begonia that buddy Bill gave me.



The Rose of Sharon (name of the sister in Grapes of Wrath!) that mom gave me.



And my strange Japanese maple that mom gave me (from brother Eddie;s tree, I believe).  It was all red for several years.  Then I "injured" it with the weed eater.   Since then, it's been mostly green with a few red leaves.



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Most of my Japanese Maples look like that too, and I didn't weed-eat them. MOM

affectioknit said...

That maple thing is really funny...

Love,

T