Friday, January 22, 2016

Adzuki Soup for a Soupy Day

Since we're stuck at home for the duration of this winter storm, I decided to whip up a nice hearty soup.  I had some adzuki beans in the pantry - so I looked up a recipe (and followed it, sortof).

Here are the basics -

Other ingredients were spices, soy sauce and strangely - lemon juice!  I added some red potatoes and a can of soy beans when the adzuki beans didn't plump up and add alot of texture.  



The recipe indicated that you could serve as-is or puree it.  I decided to do some of both. 


 So I blended about 1/2 of it and added the smooth soup back to the pot.


Finished soup and yummy cornbread.



Ready to eat!



More kitty pictures!!




And a shot of the front yard - no snow to speak of - just about an inch of sleet!  The reports are that the roads are a mess, so we'll stay home!



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Our roads are a mess too...definitely a soup kinda day...we'll be having potato soup of course...sweet kitties too...

Love,

T