Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I had a little oopsie!

This is the time of year when I take all the flower pots that I have around inside the house and put them outside.....

Unfortunately, the rim of the big, old plastic pot I was carrying  broke when I was on about step # 2 from upstairs. The rest of the pot fell towards my feet and tripped me.

I tumbled, head first - just rolled right down the steps.  I really, really thought that things were not going to turn out good for me as I tumbled.



But I landed butt-first on the mat at the bottom of the stairs.  I sat still for a minute, just trying to decide if I was hurt badly or not.  For some strange reason I had chill bumps over my entire body for a few seconds - even though it is very warm here.

Then, as I was getting up from the floor, I noticed a few big drops of blood.  


Warning!! Next photo is a little gross!




I felt around and eventually looked down at my leg....there's a decent sized gash in there.....I cleaned it up and put a butterfly bandage on it to hold it together (with copious amounts of Neosporin, of course).   



I have a few carpet burns and bruises - plus I'm pretty sore!!  Big bodies don't tumble well like children do!

And I thought this was cute - a little while later I happened to look up in the mirror - apparently the dirt really did go everywhere!!




Duane was very sweet and got the big vaccum cleaner and cleaned up all the mess for me!!!

..

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Could have been a lot worse for sure. Didn't keep you from flying I see. Glad you're OK.
Did the plant survive?? MOM

affectioknit said...

That sounds like a pretty big ooopsie to me...so glad you're ok though...

...could be worse...could be raining...(young Frankenstein quote)...

Love,

T

affectioknit said...

...ps...you're right about Duane being a sweetie of course...

Karen said...

haha to both of you!! no, the plant went to the plant graveyard, completely demolished in the fall...and love the young Frankenstein quote!
love, k