Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I've started a new book - Kon Tiki - never read it before. I picked the book up at our local library/Kiwanis book sale last week. $1! It caught my eye just because of the cover.



Don't know if you can see the cover in this photo, but there is a neat "mask" imprinted in the fabric.

In the book, so far they're just building the raft and explaining how they got the idea. Hey, if they can make it across the Pacific on a raft, we should be able to do it on a big sailboat someday! Really, I'm enjoying the book even if it is about a bunch of nuts (non-sailors) drifting on a raft! Just hope we don't ever end up like they did (a wreck on a French Polynesian reef...)!!

Other than that, not much happening our way - little things like having to rescue Richard's truck off the side of the road this afternoon. Duane got it running and drove it (slowly) home. They'll have to figure out what the problem is this weekend when Duane has time.

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey, I read Kon Tiki a long time ago - before the Man-Cub was born. I think I read Robinson Crusoe about the same time - both were good reads.

T