Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hey Teresa! Did you get a notice about the blogspot beta?

We've been pretty busy this weekend - I spent my weekly day off (I try really hard not to work on Fridays...) getting a "Senior Ad" ready for Robert's high school yearbook. These days, they sell the back pages of the yearbook to parents/grandparents who want to send a special message to their graduating child. I guess it's kindof expected, so I went on and put a 1/2 page together for Rob. (A full page was just too expensive...) They only let you use 6 photos, so I spent the day searching thru my albums and digital photos for photos that I thought Robert would find meaningful and representative of his life....wow, what a hard thing to do!! I'll upload the 6 I chose....not necessarily my favorites, but the ones that I thought Rob would appreciate.














The last one, with Duane and Robert kidding around after a concert didn't make it to the yearbook....but it's one of my favorites!
I also got to write a mushy little "we're so proud of you" note to him.

Friday night we went with Pat & Diane to our local mexican restaurant for dinner. It's a homey-but-clean kindof restaurant. All the wait-staff is male- and come to think of it, that's the way it is in most mexican restaurants....oh well - must be their custom. Anyway, the food is very good there and we've never had a bad experience, so we go pretty often. (Remember, the population of Chatham county is up to 25% hispanic....) We don't even need to look at the menu - we know what we want...I always get this dish called Pollo Tapatio. It is (of course) chicken - it's two breasts pounded flat - served in a sauce with cream, white cheese of some nature, sliced fresh mushrooms & sauteed onions, fresh spinach leaves just barely cooked served over rice & beans. I know you couldn't do the chicken - but the creamy sauce and veggies is just wonderful! We asked the waiter and he said that Tapatio is a "country" in Mexico. We looked it up one time and found that is like a big state down south in Mexico.
We were planning on going down to the boat for the weekend, but decided we needed to stay here and fix cars....plus Robert had scheduled another Eagle project work day this morning. It's kindof rude of us not to be here for that....




Notice all the shirtsleeves - it was absolutely beautiful here! It was 80 degrees again. There's a cold front coming thru tonight, so things will be a little more seasonal soon. I've still not turned the heat on - it got down to 29 one night, but the next morning was sunny and it heated up nicely.
After the Scout crowd left, the boys all worked on cars for a while - nothing's fixed yet - I think we'll be headed to the junkyard for a new transmission for both of them....oh well. I think I told you earlier that we've promissed Robert a reliable car for college - if we can patch the old Blazer together long enough to last till his birthday, we'll probably go on and give him the car then. You haven't seen Rich's car- it's a 92 Explorer - it has BIG tires and a frame on top to haul sporty things- like surfboards, kayaks, etc. It also has those KC fog lights. Anyway, we bought it cheap in April....and Richard is kindof a leadfoot - so I suspect the transmission just let loose & quit. Strange how this happened to both of them within a week of each other. I know it would be easier just to go on and buy them better cars, but I guess it's good for them to have to struggle with Duane to fix their old ones.
Oh - I fixed the time zone....I found it when I was editing my preferences. Better go -
Love, K

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Wow, it was fun looking at Roberts old pics. They really do grow up so fast. I can't wait to see pics of the Eagle project.

Love,

T