Saturday, July 07, 2007

Our neighbor's garden is in full swing - with lots of cucumbers. Over July 4th the "ladies" - specifically Lindy, Diane and myself got together and made bread-n-butter pickles. See, I don't need to grow a garden myself - the jar on the left is hot bannana peppers that a different neighbor had given me. We just used the extra liquid and processed them - should be good on sandwiches.

This is a silly photo of Robert - he was wreslting with me when I had the camera....
Lindy gave me a squash - isn't it pretty? Don't know what I'll do with it - guess I'll figure it out when I cut it open and see exactly what it is! I probably will bake it with butter and sugar. I'll try to remember to snap a photo of the end result.
And last - Lindy gave me some more chard - I'll stir-fry it - yum and good for me!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

What a sweet happy boy - love the veggies...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

You're going to miss that smiling face this fall, even if you think not! I would not grow a garden either if I had a neighbor like Dick. E