Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tonight was lasagne night! I made it with meat for the boys.... the ingredients ready....note that I used Ragu instead of the tomatoes the recipe called for - so, I cheated a little - so, shoot me...



The ricotta cheese, parmesan, egg and parsley mix....




Hamburger, onion, sauce and some extra spices.

First layer.


Noodles next. The recipe has the layers arranged differently, but this is how I like it.

The "cheesey" layer


More cheese

And more cheese

Repeat layers - bake - here it is! Looks yummy, I can't eat, of course...


Decided to take advantage of the hot oven and made a nice cake of onion/cornbread. Used the last of the organic buttermilk T bought at the health food store (so she could take the cute old-fashioned milk bottle home!)

Turned out nice - just the right crust.

Robert stole the first piece of lasagne before it had time to "set up"

Here's what I had - it was left over (frozen) from the crazy graduation/Eagle ceremony week. Still pretty good.




Enough - time to eat!!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - that's not Mom's recipe...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

I'll use 'some' recipe and make lasagna this week. You all are making me hungry. Usually a cold weather dish, but should taste good anytime. E