Saturday, November 24, 2007

Every year, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, our nice neighbors Barney and Jackie invite everyone on the airport to their house for Brunswick stew and bbq pork. The day was lovely for late November - about 60 degrees and sunny. Here's Jackie stirring the pot (Barney is in the background cooking hushpuppies - he's the one in the flag apron, pointing.)


They're sweet people - they built the log house in the background all by themselves right after they retired.


I made some of my garbage cookies - this time I added some of the "Christmas Swirl" chips to make them festive...


Next time, I'll add more of the swirl chips to make them more obvious....good anyway.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun, and certainly different from usual Thanksgiving menu. Nice change of pace, I imagine. E

affectioknit2 said...

Mmmm - I need some (vegan) garbage cookies too...

Love,

T