Thursday, November 01, 2007



The strangest thing has happened in the past few days....every one of my 5 rose bushes has bloomed! (Somehow, I think the tense of that sentence is wrong!)

I have to assume it was the long drought, then the heavy rain we had about a week ago. Regardless of the cause, I am enjoying them. I clipped most of them because we are due for some cool weather - and I thought I would enjoy them inside!


We also had to take our airplane in for it's annual inspection before the end of October. Here she is- all torn apart....with one of our trusty A&P certified mechanics on-the-job! (This is at Siler City). They actually finished it this afternoon - I flew it home tonight because it is supposed to be blustery tomorrow (an I'm a ween-y about flying in 25 knot winds when I don't have to!) We're into safe and happy flying!


2 comments:

Karen said...

hey - i just read mom's comment about the gar - yep - those were the pre-kid - post-college days when T&R were in Apex, kindof neat, spent weekends at New Hill - fishing and such at various rivers and lakes - interesting that people revert to that sort of stuff when they retire! such nostalgia!

love, k

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - I don't like to see planes torn apart any more than I do cars or computers - it just looks like something must be wrong. The flowers are sure pretty - we've not seen anything blooming outside in a couple of months now - the strong winds have even blown away all our brown leaves - and they're calling for snow on Monday - we had some blowing around again Halloween day - but still nothing on the ground - I still love the snow and I'll still miss it when it goes away in April...

Love ya,

T