Sunday, January 27, 2008

On the inside of our "Lifestyles" page in the News and Observer, I saw a familiar image:



You may recognize this as "WT Roundy's" store in New Hill. The caption reads "this now-closed farm supply store and gas station in New Hill...."

The last time I was thru there was a couple of years ago. We had been gone from New Hill for 10 years. I walked in and Jim (WT's son, I believe) was behind the counter. When he saw me, he came out from behind the counter and gave me a big hug! I was delighted! I would have never thought he would remember me after all those years. I was just going to say "hi - do you remember me" and buy a drink (Dr. Pepper, like Teresa and I used to do on the way to do grocery shopping at the now-long-gone Food Lion in "old" Apex) Oh well, I'm waxing nostalgic now!

I don't know how long it's been closed - but from the look of the gas price, it must be quite a while!

The times they are-a-changing!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

AWWW! Everything eventually comes to a close - that's a neat picture and reminiscence.

Love,

T