Sunday, May 31, 2009

Chesapeake Trip Day 8 - to Deltaville, Va

Today was a nice long sail up to Deltaville, Va - home of a huge boating population. Apparently, there are 4 boats here for every person that actually lives in the small town.

Very pretty and rural.


Capt. Buddy at the helm!


Not alot going on here - we were a couple of miles from the town itself - so we called a local restaurant to come pick us up....here's Vinny - our favorite bus-boy of the evening. Very friendly to transient boaters in this town. We had a nice seafood meal and in for a early evening.

3 comments:

Ginger Cookies and a Good Book said...

Hey from the World of Hutson....
Looks like y'all are having a good time.... the lock post was very educational! We enjoyed that...
Jeannine

affectioknit said...

Wow - that's really nice of them - reminds me of the time I missed my stop in Boston and I called the hotel and they drove out to the last train stop (after midnight) and picked me up - I was so relieved!!!

Y'all have fun!!!

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

That was friendly service. All your trip looks amazing, from the weather to the company, and all the sights. Keep it up. E