Monday, May 18, 2009

Warning, lots of photos!

Anniversary/Birthday weekend at the boat!! Also getting ready for our "big Chesapeake trip" - next week - yaaaay!

Woke up, made coffee, sat outside - this little birdie amused me for a while sitting on one of our docklines.



Beautiful morning - dead calm in the marina.


There was a picnic at the marina .... a UNC Ram was visiting and had to hug Duane....he was thrilled...I'm sure...



These photos are of the local little boys that I've shown before (their dad runs a local fishing boat that is tied up at the edge of the marina).





We had to try out our new dinghy - we motored across the channel to the Oriental town dock.


Ahhh....nice big dinghy!


Pat and Diane relaxing at Toucan's - there was live music in the background and a BBQ. We had already eaten or we would have participated.


Here's A.D. - airport dog. They are very dog-friendly in Oriental. The waitress brought out a bucket of water.
Everyone petted A.D.


The waitress brought her a bone from the BBQ ....dog heaven....

Duane and I....quite relaxed, I believe!


I had put my camera in a ziplock bag for the dingy ride. (I had forgotten my waterproof dive case at home). On the way back to the marina in the dinghy, we saw Sharon on the back of the boat - so I snapped this photo thru the plastic bag - thinking that it would probably turn out fine. Apparently - ziplock bags are not really clear.... Sharon visited with us for the day - she had brought down some items for the upcoming trip. They will meet us in the Chesapeake in a couple of weeks.

More relaxing....

Next day - Pat, A.K.A, the monkey, was hoisted up the mast to do a little repair work...thanks, Pat!



That's about it for the weekend....Pat and Diane took us out to dinner Sunday and gave me a birthday present - a "Life is Good" had....cool printing on the inside of the hat...

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Hope you guys had fun! Love the Ram! GO HEELS =)

Karen said...

miranda, you just ain't right!

Just Marianne said...

Never too many pictures for me! looks like a very relaxing weekend. Coulda done without the rams visit I am sure (NCSU 79)! Happy Birthday! Do I dare ask when it is? I didn't see it on FB.

have fun on your big trip! Two weeks???

affectioknit said...

FUN - I'm so glad you had a nice birthday - I thought the Ram hugging the guy from NC State was funny - haha - and I loved the plastic bag picture - nice effect...

Love,

T

Karen said...

hey marianne - yeah, duane was trying to get away from the ram....yuk!!

bday was sunday!! i quit counting...or i'm counting backward now, whichever pleases me!!

had a good book-club meeting - just 6 of us there - the new book is "The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox". I've ordered it already from ebay - $1 plus 3.49 shipping.

next one is june22nd - but no one has volunteered to host yet...may just meet at the general store or somewhere like that.

have a great week - we'll be off on thursday for "karen and duane's big adventure"....