Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bathroom progress

I know, I know - we need to get on with the bathroom!! We've just been busy with other things lately....

Here's where we left off several weeks ago...


Duane did a little more plumbing refurbishment, then we installed all the sheetrock. I may have mentioned that the water-resistant sheetrock is now this lovely purple color. It used to be called "green-board" and was (obviously) green. That was 20 years ago at our previous house. Not sure I'd been down the drywall aisle again, so I was in for a shock when I saw this purple stuff.....kindof pretty though!!


First coat of mud on - many sandings, re-mudding (is that a word??). Then it's on to the ceramic tile.



Speaking of the ceramic tile...it's all piled up in the hallway ready to go!

2 comments:

Just Marianne said...

Actually I love that blue-purplish color and at first thought you had painted it that color!

Joyce Mineer said...

I thought you'd painted it, too! Ha! Progress is being made...can't wait to see the finished project!