Thursday, April 08, 2010

Quick mountain trip to see my sis

My sister and her family were home from North Dakota this week for a brief visit. I hopped in my car and drove up there at 5:30AM yesterday morning to make my day as long as I could.

First stop was Grandma Hall's in Swannanoa - Mom, Teresa and Denise all met me there. I stopped and got Starbucks for all of us (Starbucks Earl Grey Tea for Mom, as she doesn't drink coffee!)

Much chatting in Grandma's living room as we sipped our coffee.


Grandma is doing quite well!


A beautiful day - out to the porch for more chatting.




Don't tell Grandma Hall that I recorded her - she might not let me near her with a camera again!!! Here's a short discussion about "shrubbery"....




Then it was off to our normal Laughing Seed Restaurant lunch visit in downtown Asheville. Much vegan food was consumed. It was, as usual, quite yummy.


I always publish awkward photos of everyone else - so I guess I should do the same for myself....this looks bad - but I'm really just stuffing a yummy zucchini pot-sticker appetizer in my mouth.



Pretty view of downtown Asheville near Pack Square, I think.



Teresa and I had to go take a peek at the "house that exploded" a couple of weeks ago. It's very near Eddie and Trudi's house. We all remember it because it sat empty and forlorn for a while many years ago. Recently, it had been refurbished and was occupied - just a nice, large ranch house in a nice neighborhood. Wow, when they say leveled, they mean leveled!!!



Then it was back to Mom and Frank's for a "normal" dinner cookout/picnic. Notice a theme here - eat, relax, eat, relax....good food, fun and folks!


I think we look alot alike, don't you???



Frank snapping photos with Denise's camera.


Teresa and "Scout" playing on the golf cart.




Next was a toasty fire in the fire pit - roasting of marshmallows.....




What could be better - a fire, smores and a big glass of milk!!



Up at 5:45AM (ok, I slept in for an extra 15 minutes!) headed back home before sun-up....too short a visit!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That was all so much FUN! and I'm so glad you came up! I sure do make some funny expressions in pictures though...

Love,

T