Friday, April 08, 2011

More about Richard's Birthday!

Richard had told Miranda that a certain shirt was his "favorite" of all time.....this is the shirt - circa 1996-7. It's true - it was threadbare by the time he outgrew it. I was hoping that I had saved it, but a trip to the attic proved fruitless.


Miranda decided to try to re-create the shirt for him......here we are at Top of the Hill in Chapel Hill for his celebration dinner.



I think she did a great job! And his smile was proof that he appreciate the effort!



Oh, I got to see his new Paramedic ID for the first time there too! YAY!!!

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

That is just so sweetly AWESOME! I love it! Way to go Miranda!

Love,

T

Miranda said...

Haha, thanks! I'm glad it was a success, haha! And your present was really good too, Karen! Much more practical than a tie-dye poison dart frog t-shirt! =P

Elizabeth said...

Both presents are special. Both surprises??? MOM

Karen said...

yes, both were surprises, i think!