Friday, June 22, 2012

Another food post

I was making some bread that called for baking powder...hmmm, I couldn't remember if I had an old can of baking powder or not. So, out comes the chair (my rendition of a step-stool) and I claw through my two "spice cabinets". Nope, no baking powder. So, off to the internet because I knew I could do a substitution - I just couldn't remember what it was. Here it is - very simple: Mix 2 parts Cream of Tartar with 1 part Baking Soda = Baking Powder Since I was just looking through all my spices, I knew just where to go... There was this long-forgotten can of Cream of Tarter. I remember it from college days!  And New Hill.  And Boca Raton.  Wow.



Amazing - $.63!


I was curious - so I peeled off the label.  I'm assuming this means May 2, 1975.  I left home in 1980.  Pretty sure this probably came from Mom's pantry and went with me to school.


But, of course, I had purchased some new in the intervening years....


Ha!  But, alas, it's out of date also!!!  "Best by Oct 14, 09"!!!!  Oh well, I used this anyway - and the bread turned out fine.  I did toss the 1975 one, though!


4 comments:

affectioknit said...

That's hilarious! I really don't think I have anything in my pantry from 1975...but I'm kinda wishing I had that old tin...do they still package it like that?

Love,

T

Karen said...

oh, i didn't think to save it....yeah, some spices, but not in those colors. oh well, these times they are a' changing!....love, k

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol dosage veterinary medicine - buy tramadol online us pharmacy

Anonymous said...

cheap 37 5 phentermine phentermine success rate - buy phentermine hydrochloride