Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gardening pictures

It's been such a weird, chilly spring.  My tiny garden has been in the ground for weeks and weeks, but is just now starting to shine.   Everything from seed this year.  There is a soaker hose under the plastic if you're wondering......



Just squash, cucumbers, sweet peppers and tomatoes.


I got seeds for several heirloom varieties.  Hope they turn out yummy!  Several of the hybrids I've gotten over the years were a little disappointing.



Thought I'd throw in a photo of the amaryllis in full bloom.  So pretty, but short-lived.  This is one of the bulbs from Grandma.  Looks like the ones that my buddy Wayne gave me may be sending up a shoot soon too!  I'll keep ya posted! 


1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Very NICE! Amazing that your amarylis is planted in the ground and keeps coming back...

Love,

T