Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nova Scotia Day 11

Really just a travel day - up early to the Halifax airport for the flight home.

Let me tell you - if you have "SSSS" on your boarding pass....you're in for a treat!  I should have known when the TSA guy waved at the other TSA guys and said  "I've got a Selectee".   He turned to me and said, "ma'am, your airline must have selected you randomly to be submitted to some extra screening".  Oh joy!

So, they took me aside and made me go thru the extra screening - searched my bags with their explosive sniffing wands.  (They offered a pat-down search instead of the electronic one - but I just stood in the contraption and let them scan me). 

It wasn't that big of a deal - but if I had been in a hurry to board a plane, it would have worried me!


But we had plenty of time - so we found the US Airways Club and relaxed.



 Really nice to have that little perk!  Relax in the quiet and comfort - have a bloody mary....and walk to your flight just minutes before boarding!

A first for me - as we were boarding, I noticed that our captain is female!  Not that I've been on that many airline flights, but I've never been on one where the captain was female.  Yay!!!





2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...I always enjoy my time at the airport too...neat that a female pilot (you) was piloted by another...

Love,

T

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.