Monday, March 02, 2015

Finally we're being teased with spring!

You know those daffies I talked about in January????

Well, it's March and they're just now brave enough to open up!  They're sortof spindly.....so I think the crazy cold temps has affected their beauty this year. 



The ice is finally melting....mostly gone now.  I noticed movement out the front door today and nabbed a photo of this big wild tom turkey.  He hung around a long time, pecking at the ground.  I wish he had shown his tailfeathers! 


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...we're due for another snow storm this week...my amaryllis still hasn't bloomed even...and Rafe saw a flock? of turkeys in his backyard too...

Love,

T

Karen said...

haha - i looked it up --- it's either a rafter or gang of turkeys.

interesting website - http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/about/faqs/animals/names.htm