Thursday, December 03, 2015

Senior ticket? Next stop, the old folks home!

I posted this on FB, but for those of you that don't see things there, I thought this was amusing.....

Last night, Duane and I went to see the last of the Hunger Games series at the theater.  We don't go to the theater much, but I've read all the books and seen all the rest of the movies in the series.  I wanted to see the last one "on the big screen".  Plus it has been rainy and miserable around here for the last several days!

I guess with my glasses on, I must have looked like a senior citizen.  I handed the VERY young cashier a $20 bill, told him what movie, he handed me the change and two tickets.

We wandered towards the proper theater door....looking finally at the ticket to make sure we had the right door.  (There are no "guards" at the very small Lumina Theater).



I was shocked to see "Senior" on the ticket....hmmm....I guess when I was that age I thought anyone over the age of 29 was a "Senior".  Oh well, I just took my $2 discount and enjoyed the show!




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

HaHa. Maybe it was that twinge of gray hair I see. By the way, how was the movie?? I,too, had read all the books and had seen first 2 movies in theaters, but did not see #3 til I rented it last month so I could see it before the last one, which I plan to do next week.

Karen said...

Enjoyed the movie - a little violent (but not surprising since the ending is the same in the book!) Love a semi-happy ending! love,K

affectioknit said...

So funny...Scout has seen it already...he had to get Jayci caught up as she has not seen them all...luckily they were on Amazon Prime...

Love,

T