Sunday, December 03, 2006



I went up to our neighbor's garden and harvested some greens and herbs yesterday. He was afraid that the first real freeze might hurt the tender cilantro - and wanted me to take as much as I wanted. I love the stuff with beans or soup. I cut several handfuls - and thought maybe I could save some for use later this winter.

I reserved some for use fresh over the next couple of days - and then I chopped the remaining and put in bags for the freezer. I've never heard of anyone doing this with cilantro, but I don't know why it wouldn't work as long and I'm going to cook it anyway.















He also has tons of arugula - I took a bag stuffed full....I'll handle that tomorrow!!












Oh, and this is fun - fresh chives! Baked potatos tonight!








Last night we went to the kid's band banquet...Mom and Frank went a couple of years ago in our place when we were sailing....We thought we'd better be sure to be at this one because it's Robert's last year in marching band. He got the "Best Musician" award -- I'm sure he was pleased. Richard got his "third year" pin - I took photos but the room was dark and the photos didn't turn out very well at all....note to self....need better camera!

Oh- and Robert got his acceptance notice from NC STATE Engineering department - a good day!

Gotta run - Christmas Parade in Pittsboro!!!! love, K

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Wow I can't believe you're still harvesting anything - It was 12 below this yesterday - no idea what the windchill was.

T