Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I had to play with my new camera - it's a lot like my old one except it takes quick photos and the screen is much bigger. Christmas was very nice this year - we started the day going up to our neighbors that host a Christmas morning breakfast every year. We missed it last year since we were in the BVI on Christmas day. Since we hadn't opened presents, we made quick work of the breakfast!

The kids ended up with very useful gifts from "Santa". Richard got huge tires for his Explorer (which he needed badly). Instead of regular road tires, he wanted these "super swamper" mud tires. They are ridiculous, but what he wanted......Robert got a bunch of hand tools for his upcoming independence, an Ipod and some $$ to put towards his latest musical purchase, a flugelhorn...
I gave Duane a fancy sailing jacket.







We had a late lunch - thought I'd show how the kitchen counter looked mid-way thru the production. Much too much food, of course. I used our Mills River Community cookbook again - for the refrigerator rolls from Joyce Barnett. They didn't turn out too well....didn't rise...tasted pretty good though!




See, the table clean and kitchen orderly again! I was pooped!!






We're heading over to Ocracoke for New Years, so I may not be back with you for a few days!

Happy NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - what a nice Christmas - that doesn't look like you - haha.

Love ya and Merry Christmas!
T