Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We had a wonderful visit with Sharon and Buddy over New Years on Ocracoke Island.



This is the view of a sunset as we sat on the pier one night.










I know vegan Teresa won't be amused at the next few photos.... but the Ocracoke "fish house" is in trouble financially. The townsfolks were doing a benefit- all- you- can eat shrimp and oyster roast (for $15 each, of course)...we were riding our bikes and saw this and HAD to stop.





The shrimp were HUGE and so were the oysters. YUM




Duane, of course, is allergic to shellfish....so he could only eat hush-puppies and help "shuck" the oysters for me!!



Had to include one photo of New Years Eve.....not the best one of me, but I thought it was cute!

Gotta run, more later!

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey, gross to all the shellfish - cute pic of you and duane - sort of reminds me of Gomez - haha.

Miss you,
Happy New Year.

T