Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thought I'd send some photos of spring to the north!! Just wandering around the yard with my camera....

The bearded iris's are blooming nicely now






Some Candytuft - may have another name...


My Red-hot Pokers are starting to "bloom" (or whatever it is that they do...). I thought they were more of a summertime bloom...


I transplanted a big rose bush that I planted in the yard a few years ago. Now it resides very happily in the bright, full sun beside the hangar. It's got a million blooms on it now.




Just some pretty pots on the deck.





Hostas, hostas, everywhere beside the house. The hostas I had planted out in my flower beds got nibbled by the deer this year.




This is a Japanese Iris - again, I thought they bloomed a little later than this.


And finally, my little flower bed outside the basement window. It's getting a little over-run this year with the greenery. Low-maintenance though!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your flowers are way ahead of ours. We have a few buds on the irises and my wisteria is budding for the first time ever. Weather is very nice here. E

affectioknit2 said...

Very pretty - I can't believe you have iris blooming! Everything is still pretty brown here - the trees are budding 'though - and so are my little yellow crocus - that's about it - no daffies yet...

Love,

T