Monday, September 29, 2008

Bamboo gift from Richard

My sis inspired me to snap this photo of something special given to me by Richard many years ago.

We had taken the boys out to eat & a movie at the mall (a rare thing for us to do) when they were about 10-11 years old. I remember that we let them walk off on their own for what I think was the first time ever. Seems simple now, but I think I was nervous. We gave them each $10 and told them to meet us back at a particular place at a particular time.

Instead of buying something for himself, Richard bought me this jar with a small bamboo plant in it from one of the kiosks. I've fed it water only for the past many years.....pretty neat!

2 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

Hey K,

That is really sweet - and so neat that it lived that long.

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

It's amazing what details we remember about special events. A good momento. E