Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Pacu Fish now have a new home!

I thought I had a home arranged yesterday for the Pacu fish. I had put a ad out on Craigslist - and got a few responses. I had it arranged with a fellow to come at 11am to pick them up. I sent him my address online and arranged with our neighbor to be at the house with me (felt creepy letting "an internet person" come to the house with me alone at that time). I got a note back saying that he map-quested my address and that it was 40 miles one-way and that it was too far to go for free fish!! Bummer.

Here they are in a bucket....ready for transport. Could have been dinner, I guess.....


A friend from the airport said he'd be happy to see if they could live in his koi pond. Right now it's got an algae problem, but these fish might actually help that. (They eat mostly plants, unlike their cousins, the pirana.) It may get too cold for them - he says he'll try to find a aquarium home for them. If not, too bad!! My Oscar-fish can live in peace now!!! Saga finished!!



On the way home, I snapped this photo - I guess Pittsboro has come into it's own now - we have a McDonalds!! Weird. I don't eat there - haven't been to one in 6 or 8 months. Strange to see it in our little town - previously, the only fast-food was a run-down Hardee's. Now we've got Subway, Andy's, Domino's and TacoHell. What is the world coming to????

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

The Pacu fish should be happy in the pond - and Man that's a lot of fast food...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Was the Taco a typo or a statement? E

Karen said...

haha yes, a statement!! seems that restaurant upsets some peoples tummies.....k

Anonymous said...

Thiѕ is very іnteresting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joineԁ your feeԁ and loоk forwаrԁ to seeκing morе
οf yοur wonderful pоst. Alѕo, I've shared your website in my social networks!

Stop by my weblog; flicsart.com