Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chatham Arts Guild Fashion Show at Fearington

This is a long post, sorry for all the photos. I won't comment on each one. Sunday Diane and I went to the benefit fashion show put on by the local arts guild.

The theme of the show is to display fashion from the 1920's thru the 1980's. Neigbor Gretchen is in the show, modeling "hippie" fashion (very fitting for the flower child that she is/was!)

But first, I have a bit of a fashion emergency myself. Diane is going to pick me up at 2:30 - and it's 2:20 and I pull my ONLY solid black "dressy" socks on. OOPS - they have a "big-toe" hole... my only other black sock choices are either bulky boot-socks or they have sparkley Christmas snowflakes. Not gonna work - so I pull out the needle and thread and at 2:25, I'm in my mules, ready to rumble!


OK, maybe it's time for me to buy some new socks.....


We're at the Fearington House "Barn" - a "sell-out" crowd. I was surprised how many guys were there!


The guest speaker was Alexander Julian - he's a designer from Chapel Hill, but he's apparently pretty big in the fashion world - I've bought several of his "Colours" line dress shirts for Duane over the years.


He was quite an interesting speaker - talking about designing clothes/fabrics back in the early 70's.

The main "show" was modeled by the local artisans. They were dressed in authentic clothes from the different eras. I won't comment on each one - you can figure out what decade they are from just by the style. They start in order from the 1920's. Unfortunately, the dark lighting and quick movements by the models didn't photograph too well. I skipped a couple of eras just because my photos were too blurred.

















And here is our lovely neighbor Gretchen in her "hippie" outfit. I think she had a great time and looks terrific!!













Everyone seemed to have a great time!



Random model caught for photo op!


Ditto - we just "dug" this guys shoes!!

Diane, Katie (Gretchen's niece), Gretchen and Me!! Fun afternoon.

4 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

That sounds like a lot of fun - I love the gogo boots...

Love,

T

Bridget said...

My goodness that looks like fun! I'm going to a fashion show with a bunch of the Fraturnity guys up here which should be very pleasent :)
I need to find a cute kacket like that Blue and Black one, any ideas as to where I could find it?
Much Love,
B

Elizabeth said...

You look great! FUN E

Karen said...

hey b, the clothes were a collection from the local "consignment" shop called Beggars and Choosers. the lady who owns it has been collecting the clothes for a while now. i think you just have to luck out and find clothes like that at a second-hand shop.

yup, lots of fun (and i really didn't expect it to be)

love, k