Monday, October 06, 2008

Weekend trip for Oysters and Plane washing

We made a quick hop to Myrtle Beach Saturday at noon - I wanted some steamed oysters!!
I forgot my camera, so the only shot I got was with my cellphone out the window of the plane as we were departing Grand Strand airport. It was an absolutely beautiful day. We enjoyed the outside breeze at our favorite little hole-in-the-wall Bimini's. We've been going there for years.


Something I've been putting off for too long was a good old-fashioned plane wash. The bugs and grass stains have gotten past the point of nasty, so Sunday I took on the challenge. I scrubbed for a couple of hours - my back and arm muscles are reminding me today - that under the belly and under the wings are a pain to wash!!


I took the plane washing as an opportunity to break in my Myrtle Beach purchase - a new pair of boat shoes. They need to be worn wet for a good fit!


We're heading to the Annapolis boat show with Sharon and Buddy this weekend and I need to wear boat shoes. Most of the boat displays require that you have boat shoes on or you have to remove your shoes before boarding. I did that the first year with tennis shoes - what a pain when you're touring about 50 different boats!

5 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

It looks like lovely weather - not up here - I'm sure the plane looks nice now - are there vegan boat shoes...

Love,

T

Karen said...

yes, there are vegan boat shoes. i got some at the old Roses store before it closed down. unfortunately, it's not a great idea....they're made out of a vinyl material that looks great, but the whole purpose of a boat shoe is that it can get wet and let your feet breath a little - the dry out good as new. the vinyl ones were just a sweaty mess when wet (fine when dry). i suspect that's true of any vinyl shoe. best to stick with the canvas deck shoes for the vegan-sailors!!! love, k

Elizabeth said...

Great picture for a cell phone. A good wash does make an airplane shine. Ours needs one too. Annual was done today, good for another year. E

Just Marianne said...

The next time you go to Myrtle for oysters, call my cell to see if we are down there at our beach house! 919-810-4011............we'll meet you somewhere. Grand Strand airport is only about 5 or 6 miles from our house! We go a lot; usually 2 or 3 weekends/month in the summer and sometimes 1-2 weekends/month in the off season, plus weeks here and there.

Karen said...

hey marianne! that's great - we usually go spur-of-the-moment i'll put your phone in my cell. that would be fun if we could meet up! see ya, k