Monday, November 10, 2008

Airing Dirty Laundry....and pretty rose

OK, so it's not dirty laundry...it's actually clean laundry. My usual Friday activities include doing the laundry and other household stuff....this past Friday - my trusty old Maytag washer decided to stop mid-cycle. UGH. I just couldn't stand the thought of lugging all those wet clothes to a laundry-mat. My goodness, it's been years since I've even been in one!!

So, I plucked the clothes out of the washer, hand-wrung (is that word??) them. Then I put them in a tub-full of clean water to rinse. Finally, I lugged the whole mess upstairs and hung them to drip dry on the deck. I am certainly spoiled - don't even have a clothes-line anymore!



My trusty Maytag repairman (Duane -hehehe), handled the de-bug on Saturday. Unfortunately, a part had to be ordered online....so we'll have to wait for delivery sometime this week. Until then, the rest of the clothes will just have to pile up!


I snapped this photo today at the Siler City Airport - there is a beautiful rose bush out front that is amazingly prolific. Any warm weather will bring out these beautiful blooms! It's sheltered just under the eaves in the front of the building, so it's protected from early frosts. I've tried to take them home for a pretty arrangement, but they don't seem to do too well indoors. I just enjoy them 'au naturale...


A birdie nest that was built under a corner of the building has fallen down, completely intact. Looks like at least 3 little birdies were hatched earlier this year. Too bad, the birdies will have to re-build the nest again next year!

3 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

Oh, Karen, I love the smell of clean clothes just off the line! Aaahhh.....but it does come with some work unfortunately. ;(

The rose...exceptional.

The birdies nest..makes me wonder where they are now. ;)

affectioknit2 said...

I can't believe you've still got roses and birds and are hanging clothes outside - they would freeze stiff in a matter of minutes...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

You know Trudi's washer (identical to yours) stopped working about a month ago. Frank and I tried to fix but determined it was the lid switch and we did not try to get one. Her Maytag repairman( for real) replaced it for her. Our diagnosis was correct, though. They had a water leak that damaged their's.