Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Flowers!

Sorry, Sis, I had to post more flower shots!!

It's always so wonderful when the daffy's are blooming before anything else. I once had some other early bulbs- crocus and hyacinth, but the squirrels and/or voles must have a "hankering" for the bulbs.


These beauties are always second to bloom - they are much bigger and multi-layered....I'll snap a shot when they're fully open.


We are over-run with deer. Even though there appears to be plenty of grass around, they are really munching on some of my plants. These are "red-hot pokers" (a.k.a. Torch Lilies) . The deer are eating them down to nubs. Same goes for my iris shoots and my burning bush. I think it's worse this year now that we don't have Princess around to scare them some....

If it's like last year, once the grass really starts to green, the damage will stop!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Nice flowers - you need to feed the deer...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

Sorry the deer are eating your flowers. My pokers are not even through the ground yet, but it won't be long, it's 62*. E