Monday, February 09, 2009

Yard Work on a Beautiful Day!

I couldn't resist the urge to get started on a project I've been meaning to do for a year or more. Our basement "entrance" (that everyone uses) is a bit on the "plain" side....(neighbor's cat was visiting)....


I have a bunch of Liriope (from Mom's garden, I believe). It's been happily reproducing for several years in this flower bed. It's not really appropriate there - I just stuck it there for lack of better planning.


So, after much sweating in the 75 degree warmth, it was all dug up and ready for transplanting.


Next was the really tough work - digging up a trench beside the sidewalk.


And just like magic, I have a nice, "manicured" looking entrance. I'm sure it will look really cool when it fills in a bit and the grass starts to grow this spring. I'm thinking of filling in the right hand "triangle" with a green garden soon. More later!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Very very pretty - it looks like your grass is starting to turn green...

Love,

T

Elizabeth said...

That looks very nice. You may want to separate the liriope from the grass with an edging as grass will invade it. E