Sunday, June 23, 2013

BVI Sailing Bareboat Trip Part 2

On our way from Norman Island, we stopped for our first dive at Ring Dove Rock.  It's a nice, easy dive with lots of coral and fish.



I spied this beautiful triggerfish.  The blue is really "electric"!  This photo is exactly as I saw it with my eyes.  Amazing that something in nature really looks like this!


And then I spied this huge lobster in a little crevice.  What was unusual, in addition to it's size, was that it actually came out of it's hiding spot in an aggressive way when I got close.  Usually, they just try to hide.


We also stopped off at the "Indians" for a quick snorkel.  Also lovely, but I forgot my underwater camera on the boat.  Oh well, I just enjoyed the swim....

On our way to our next stop - Cooper Island.



Relaxing under-way.



Dick on his perch underway.


And Cecil on the opposite perch!


Silly photo of yours truly! Look at that fuzzy hair!


Once we stopped at Cooper Island, we went for a snorkel at Cistern Point.  Nice coral and fish - but the highlight was.....


Sharon spotted this turtle - we looked it up and it the best we guess - it's a green turtle.  Neat.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

All beautiful and fun looking...and Wow! about the turtle...reminds me of Finding Nemo...

Love,

T