Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Western Trip 2015 - Bryce Canyon National Park

I found a couple of photos of note on my phone.....so back up a day to Borger, Tx. 

Outside the hotel, I saw this HUGE thing on a trailer.....I was puzzled, but Duane immediately recognized it as a single blade for one of the windmills we'd seen flying over the plains.




And, apparently, I had captured a shot of the "twin Mooney's".....





OK, back to Kanab, UT.  I promise not to put many "food photos" up here.....my sis would enjoy this area - at the Rockin' V restaurant, I found several vegan alternatives.  This was a fresh made black bean/avocado  burger with a vegan sauce.  Really, really good!







The two Mooney's arrived Kanab early in the afternoon.  Cecil and Carolyn were to arrive later in the evening, so we decided to go for a short hike in a nearby canyon.  Pretty, but very warm in the late afternoon sun!!



The next morning we set out for our first National Park for some hiking.  Bryce Canyon!










Beautiful hike down into the canyons among the "hoo-doos" (the rock spires you see in the background).






Enjoy - amazing views...




Cecil and Carolyn





My try at a "selfie"






More views....





Cool opening in the rock - our gang in the shadows.



Resting logs under a stone overhang.  Dick and Lindy



Cecil and Carolyn.









Duane ahead on the trail.








Cecil and Carolyn taking a little rest on an uphill climb.




Just beautiful!



Can't believe I got Duane to stand still so often!!



Dick and Lindy






Cecil and Carolyn








Dick and Lindy





A long day in a beautiful place!




North Rim of the Grand Canyon tomorrow!

.

No comments: