Saturday, January 31, 2009

Easy Appetizers just in time for Super Bowl Parties!!

Most of you know that we do a Friday night card game...and I end up spending most Friday mornings fixing the "goodies" for the group. I've recently decided that Pillsbury refrigerated dough is very cool for this purpose. I snapped some photos as I was preparing appetizers for the past two weeks....easy and I hear they're really yummy!

First - is the little "wiener" appetizer....

This one uses Crescent rolls - any style will do. These were the style that is intended to make a spiral.

I cut each portion in half - and cut sliced American cheese to fit...

Put the wiener on top...


Roll up....squeeze...and repeat over and over....


Bake at 350 degrees for about 17 minutes until brown and crispy...


I put on a heating tray to keep them warm. I understand they freeze really well - but mine never got the chance!!


Next up is a appetizer made with ground beef/onions (already browned), cheese, and "Grands" flakey biscuits.

Peel each biscuit into 3 layers...


Lay out and flatten - or just do it in your hands ....


Plop cheese on top....


Plot ground beef ( or veggies, sausage, whatever) on top of cheese....


Pinch it up to close .....

And squeeze it to completely close the "dumpling"...

Place upside-down on a cookie sheet (I spray with Pam).


Bake at 350 for close to 20 minutes until brown. I hear they're quite tasty. Again, no leftovers!!




I'll try to come up with something different next week!!! Happy Partying!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those do look easy and tasty. What do you eat? Just a cheese version? Or maybe you're good and eat vegetables. E

~ Denise ~ said...

I've done a version of the hotdogs but I really like the second idea! Don't have time to try it today....busy finishing my spinach dip in Hawaiin bread bowl...but maybe that will be dinner tomorrow night. ;)

Karen said...

hey mom, yeah, i just make a few cheesey or onion ones for me. they're yummy too.

hey denise, i love the spinach dip. yeah, you can put just about anything in the suckers! easy and you can put them together in a snap with whatever's in the fridge. have a great evening!

k

~ Denise ~ said...

Karen - are you a vegetarian? I am guessing you are by your mom's question about what you put in your dish. ??