Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting ready for snow!

They're forecasting a nice little snow-storm for our area tonight. We haven't had a really nice snow for several years now.

I noticed that spring is already in the air - these daffodils are a little confused. I expect they'll hold off on blooming for a while yet - amazingly - they survived the 10 degree night we had 4 days ago! Nature is neat....



These iris stalks are sprouting also....didn't think they usually come out until later in the spring. Maybe it's a sign that warm weather is on it's way. I hope so!!

3 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

I'm not much of a gardener...but, I agree, it does seem pretty early. Enjoy the snow later! ;)

affectioknit said...

Wow - I'm so glad y'all are getting some snow - My company sent out a winter weather advisory - that our service area may be impacted by winter weather - which I thought was funny...

Love,

T

Karen said...

haha - yes, it's strange that they would have winter weather - did they ever when you lived there?