Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Tofu Cooking

My friend/neighbor, Lindy, is always looking out for me with new recipes and such. She loaned me this cookbook (copyright 1984!).

I love borrowing her cookbooks because she makes notes - like "Very Good" (and the occasional "Awful")....


I picked a Stroganoff recipe - steam onions and mushrooms....


Marinate thin slivers of tofu in white wine and garlic....then spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes. This, I suppose, is to simulate the meat in a stroganoff...

Then you mix some more wine, vinegar and soymilk to make a creamy sauce....add the "meat" from the oven....and you're ready to serve over rice or noodles. Since we're trying to stay away from starches right now, I served over just a bit of aramanth. Pretty good and rich for a fatfree meal!!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That really looks yummy - I'll have to find that book...

Love,

T