Monday, October 31, 2016

Another small refurbishment

We've got a couple of the chairs that came with our dining room table (we purchased from a classified ad 20+ years ago in Boca Raton).  Several of them eventually fell apart, but this one stayed sturdy.

Unfortunately, the pinkish seat cover had gotten stained over the years.


I had a piece of "bland" looking fabric that I thought would blend in with the new carpet in one of the spare bedrooms.  So, I disassembled the chair and rough-cut the cloth to size.  There were 2 other fabrics buried beneath the pink!  This is an old chair!  I looked it up on Ebay and they're actually pretty $$! 




I got to work with the staple gun.  Just pulled the edges tight and stapled around the edges.


I trimmed all the excess cloth.



I'm pretty pleased with the result.




All done!!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

"Bland", maybe but a nice looking job. MOM

affectioknit said...

That's a pretty chair...made even prettier with a new seat cover...

Love,

T