Sunday, October 30, 2016

Refurbishment for next year

I've had these little wire flower pot stands on the deck for maybe 20 years.....

The plastic-y coating was all crumbly.   I thought I might be able to salvage them - get them to last another 20!



But it peeled off pretty easy with a utility knife.


After I got all the green stripped off, I took them out in the grass to apply a "rust converter" to stabilize the rust and prime them for paint.



Primed and ready for paint the next day.




Just so I don't make a great big over-spray patch on the grass, I put some paper down.




I had a spray can of paint in the cabinet (actually, we've probably got 30 various cans in various colors....) so that's what I used.   The color read "Wrought Iron Black".  Perfect!  (I have no idea what the original project for the can was - it was dusty!)



All done!  Ready for next spring!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those turned out great!! You girls are so crafty with your recycles. MOM

affectioknit said...

Another perfect refurb...and another thing kept out of the landfill! Kudos!

Love,

T