Friday, January 20, 2017

Women's March on Washington January 21, 2017

I'm just about ready to go to Washington, DC tonight!  Leaving tonight at 2AM returning in the wee hours Sunday morning.


The official color for the NC contingent is PURPLE.....unfortunately, I have almost no purple attire.  Just not my color.....

So, I headed to the Pittsboro PTA Thrift Store the other day and found a purfect purple fleece!  For $3!




They March organizers have cautioned us that we will be on our feet from 8AM to possibly 6PM - and we're not allowed to have backpacks.

So, I decided that some LARGE pockets inside of the fleece are in order for me to stash a bottle of water, some nuts, a map and such.

I just took some black cotton cloth I had in my sewing kit and made some patch pockets.



Double-stitched them to make sure they don't rip out.



For some unknown reason, I had a spool of purple thread leftover from some project that I don't remember 30 years ago!   You can hardly tell that the pockets are sewn in this photo!


I even changed out my wrist band on my Garmin exercise watch to match!!  Thanks Robert!


Here's all the stuff I'm taking on the bus - neck pillow to sleep, hopefully, snacks, some Goodies powders and Bendryl, just in case, a toothbrush for in the morning on the bus, etc.....



Oh, and I've done as the organizers suggested- I've written the Legal Aid phone number on my arm just in case I need to be bailed out of jail!!



Should be an interesting time - exercising my right to speak my mind by participation!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you are well prepared. Hope you don't have to use that phone number!!

You did a great job on that jacket. Should do the trick.

Hope your efforts do some good. MOM

affectioknit said...

...you're such a good scout...and I love the purple jacket with the modifications...

Have fun...and don't get arrested...

Love,

T