Thursday, May 03, 2007


Here is a shot of our neighbor's garden (Dick and Lindy) - Mom or Frank took this shot on our way to the beach last weekend. (Note the airplane shadow in the treeline...cool photography!) Their garden is the source of lots of those wonderful veggies I've posted about last year.

Well, their generosity continues.....Dick invited me up a couple of days ago to "share" in his bounty!

Beautiful romaine....


Onions, Bok Choy, I think and a bunch of various greens, including tender beet greens...

I chopped the green onion and bok choy and put in a sizzling pan with some olive oil...wanted to get the "tougher" veggies on the fire first....


Next came the tender greens.


Cool how the beet greens "bled" onto the onions....



I cooked a package of rice noodles - tossed with soy sauce and it was tasty!!


Since this is not Duane's idea of "food", I sauted some chicken breast strips and served him a fresh Ceasar salad made with the Romaine....so everyone was happy!

Love, K

3 comments:

affectioknit2 said...

YUM - so you do eat beet greens - I had never had them until we moved up here...

Love,

T

affectioknit2 said...

Hey - how is Fate - I'm reading the Narnian now - a sort of bio of CS Lewis - pretty good - you'd like it - I know you liked his books...

Love ya,

T

Karen said...

Hey - so far Fate is a book that I think only another pilot would like. He's going in to lots of detail about his early airline years. Very interesting to me. Not sure how they made an interesting movie out of this (I've never seen the movie). Reading is slow right now - usually too tired at bedtime. Getting old, I guess! I should pick up the pace with 26 hours to kill sitting on airplanes.....