Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Here's the latest from Richard - his latest project...His Scoutmaster gave him this van.....Duane and he have actually gotten it running. He has bleached it - so it looks a little bit better.....

This weekend, my wonderful neighbor invited me over again to share his garden's bounty. I brought several grocery bags full of various greens and veggies - dumped them on the counter and in the sink.


This is several different types of lettuce. All tender and yummy. (And some brocolli that was just about ready to bloom and go to seed- getting a little late/warm here.)


Here are the beets cleaned up a bit. The white veggie is a german raddish, he said. I expected it to be harsh - but it was just right!


I'm not the best rose-tender....but when we came back from China, the roses were pretty! (Some years, they don't bloom at all - I'm sure I'm just missing something).

And last, this is one of the only still photos I took the other night at Robert's last high school band concert. He's still wearing Daddy's old hat....this is the jazz band (informal) performance they do in the lobby after the formal concert.
Gotta run, K

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Tell Richard he can haul a lot of family in that van. Veggies look like a fancy fresh market, probably are better. I planted some broccoli but it may be too hot here already. Like that hat on Robert. E

affectioknit2 said...

Hey, remember the fit Grandma had when Jonathan wanted to get a van - he got one 'though - I think he put shag carpet in it...

I'm so jealous of your veg 'market' - I planted broccoli too - it's certainly not too hot here...

Love,

T